Applications for admission into the CDO program are only accepted via the CDO online application system.
A complete application includes the following:
- Three letters of recommendation in PDF format;
- Recommendations must be submitted electronically using the web application system. Go to ‘Letter of Recommendation’ then ‘Letter Status’ to request electronic recommendations as well as to check the status of your recommendation letters. We also encourage applicants to contact letter writers directly to ensure they have received the electronic instructions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the letters are submitted in a timely manner.
- Transcripts from all colleges / universities attended, uploaded directly to the application in PDF format;
- Students admitted to the program will be required to supply official transcripts. Discrepancies between unofficial and official transcripts may result in the revocation of the admission offer.
- GRE General Test score report;
- Self-reported scores entered in Section 7 ‘Test Scores / Experience’
- Official scores sent to MIT by ETS via Institute Code 3514
- IELTS Academic Exam score of 7 or higher (international applicants from non-English speaking countries only; see F.A.Q.s page for more information);
- Self-reported score, test date and test report form number entered in Section 7 ‘Test Scores / Experience’
- Official scores sent to MIT from the IELTS
- Completed 'Subjects Taken' section;
- Statement of objectives (limited to approximately one page);
- Resume or CV, uploaded in PDF format;
- MIT graduate application fee of $75.
- The fee is a mandatory requirement set by the Institute, the CDO program cannot grant fee waivers.
- The application fee can be paid by MasterCard or Visa.
Receipt of your application will be automatically acknowledged via email, however the status of your application will not be changed to complete until we have received all pieces listed above. You can return to the application site to check the status of your recommendation letters and review your application for completeness. While it may be possible for you to make updates to portions of your application after you have submitted it, please realize your application may have already been reviewed and therefore the updates will not be seen. Please do everything possible to ensure your application is final when you hit the submit button.