Schedule of Events
12:00 - Welcome reception / luncheon
1:00 - 4:00 PM MIT faculty talks
• 1:00 PM: Ken Kamrin, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
"Hybridizing discrete and continuum approaches to granular materials simulation"
• 1:30 PM: Heather Kulik, Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
"Exploiting electronic structure and machine learning models for discovery in transition metal chemistry"
• 2:00 PM: Mark Bathe, Associate Professor, Biological Engineering
"In silico design and discovery of next-generation nanoscale materials"
• 2:30 PM: Break
• 3:00 PM: Carolina Osorio, Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering and Operations Research Center
"Computationally efficient optimization algorithms for urban mobility systems of the future"
• 3:30 PM: Justin Solomon, X-Consortium Career Development Assistant Professor, Principal Investigator, Geometric Data Processing Group, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL)
"Volumetric challenges in shape analysis"
• 4:00 PM: Break
4:30 PM Keynote: David Keyes, Professor, Applied Mathematics and Compuational Science; Director, Extreme Computing Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
"Convergence of big data and large-scale simulation"
5:45 PM: Presentation of CCE MathWorks Research Prize
Poster Session & Reception to follow