We would like to thank MathWorks for their support of the MIT Center for Computational Engineering and in particular for their generous sponsorship of the Computation for Design and Optimization and Computational Science and Engineering prizes for outstanding Master’s and PhD research, respectively.
CCE MathWorks Prizes Terms of Reference
- MIT Center for Computational Engineering MathWorks Prize for Outstanding Masters Research, Computation for Design and Optimization Program YEAR
- MIT Center for Computational Engineering MathWorks Prize for Outstanding Doctoral Research, Computational Science and Engineering Program YEAR
Prize Selection Committee
- Three members, rotates annually
- Initial year (Spring 2018 Award): Selection Committee will consist of three members from CCE, CDO, and CSE Co-Directors
- Subsequent years: Selection Committee will consist of one member from the CCE, CDO, and CSE Co-Directors and the advisors of the winning students from the previous cycle
- Should a recusal be necessary, a second CCE, CDO, and CSE Co-Director will join the committee and the individual recusing him/herself will serve on the committee the following year.
- Initiated by nomination letter from advisor
- Supported by letter of recommendation from additional faculty member
- Student (Nominee) provides a statement of cumulative research accomplishments not to exceed four pages, inclusive of figures and references
- Current CDO and CSE students
- CDO and CSE students who graduated since the preceding January nomination deadline
- At the discretion of the selection committee, with consideration given to diversity of ideas, research areas, academic fields, research groups, etc.
- Awarded annually
- Call for nominations in early fall with reminders late fall and early winter
- Nomination deadline: January 31st
Announcement / Ceremony
- Winners announced in mid-March
- CDO SM: $250
- CSE PhD: $500